If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Lenten Discipline

Today is Ash Wednesday.  I usually give up something for Lent, sometimes I take up something (like, trying to be nice to people I find challenging).  Last year I had a money jar for every time I slipped up - after a few days I had to reduce the fee, but I still managed to donate a large sum of money to a friend doing the CEO sleepout in June.  While that's a great cause, I do hope I don't donate so much from a Lenten discipline this year.

This is the first year I'm giving up alcohol.  I'm not a big drinker, but I have noticed an increase in my intake over the summer.  School nights are alcohol-free so I'll just be pretending every night is a school night for a while. 

Usually I give up peanut butter (I love the stuff) and it's on the list this year as well.  Again, I've just had way too much of it lately.  Chocolate... well... I haven't actually been eating much of it recently so it doesn't feel like it qualifies, but I'll try not to replace my peanut butter addiction with a chocolate overdose.  I will also be trying to do something artistic every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment