If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 2 August 2012

Outfit #57 - Special Occasions

Outfit details:

Skirt and Jacket: Portmans.  Top: Dotti.  Stockings: Target.  Earrings: from Eumundi Markets.  Shoes: Hot Options.  (Top photo by Jeannie, who called out 'happy birthday!' before every photo - hence the big grin.  She also said I looked like Coco Chanel, but I'm not sure Coco would have worn the Nordic knit print stockings).

Today my brother played a solo lunchtime concert in St John's, so a few of us went in to listen.  Unfortunately he began the concert by having everyone sing me happy birthday.  Fortunately that was the only rendition I had to hear today.  While he was warming up, Jeannie and I had coffee (at Reception), and I took a photo of the beautiful counter mentioned in Monday's post.

Because I went to the concert, I only had 3 students to teach at school plus the string group, so I didn't take my violin.  This meant I could wear longer-than-normal earrings - these are just a tiny bit too long to wear when playing, they knock against the violin as my head moves.

Photos today are obviously from outside the cathedral.  Just before I took the earring photo I could see someone across the street taking a photo of the cathedral.  Then another, and another - cue small tour group.  Yippee.

Well, not the shoes.  Still not a huge fan of these shoes.  I like the height, and the shape of the front, but the block heel... meh.

So many photos today!  I think the top pic would be this:

When I was a kid (and, admittedly, on many occasions since leaving home), birthdays meant croissants for breakfast.  This morning I made my special breakfast of porridge with dark chocolate and marmalade.  Grating the chocolate inevitably produces some excess, which then goes on top of the coffee.  And, because I could, I had breakfast in bed.

2 comments:

  1. Love the stockings!!! I must confess to an almost daily indulgence of croissants for breakfast ... but I recently changed it up a bit and am now alternating with brioche ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How daring! :)
    I've been loving stockings this year, and I think these might be my favourite - but they have stiff competition!

    ReplyDelete