If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Outfit #58 - Sad Face

Outfit details:

Dress: Country Road (op shop).  Stockings: Target.  Boots: Sandler.  Scarf: Alta Linea.  Earrings: made by me.  Top: Reserve; and Jacket (not pictured): Sportsgirl (both from Jeannie).

Yesterday, I had lunch with Jeannie and then raided 2 suitcases of her old clothes.  I came home with a small suitcase of clothes (a whole new wardrobe, shoes and accessories included).  I was raiding her old clothes because she is about to move interstate.  Sad Face.  I will be visiting her soon, but we won't be just catching up on a weekend or playing gigs together.  :(





Today, given its sad face status, required some blues.  Blue earrings I actually made for Advent one year. 

And blue and black and grey colour block stockings.  When I took the first boots photo I noticed a wrinkle around my knees.  I pulled up the stockings and discovered a whole lot more blue could show.

Other sad facts from today:  my first student (this is my first day back after being off sick) sneezed on me.  (With splatter.  Ew).  I sat around a lot today because it seems to be crazy activity week at school as well as "Let's be unwell" week.  I worked out I will be doing catch up lessons for the rest of the term.  (Goodbye lunch breaks).  I didn't get my post-breakfast, or post-coffee, or post-lunch naps.

A few happy faces:  My first cardio session for a few weeks and I didn't die.  (I didn't go nuts like normal but it wasn't too easy-going).  The kids I did manage to teach were quite lovely.  I saw one of the violin teachers who teaches on different days from me.  Tomorrow is a public holiday in Brisbane - I'm anticipating a lovely sleep or three and, fingers crossed, my first run for some weeks.  I can't wait!

Today's photo:

I have 2 aromatic pink pillar candles, and I found blue-pattern plates at an op shop for them.  Last time I was burning this one all the wax dribbled down the side and pooled around the base.

2 comments:

  1. Nice outfit Anna. Hope you don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kylie! I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday :)

    ReplyDelete