If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 16 August 2012

Outfit #59 - Finally

Outfit details:

Skirt: Sunny Girl (op shop).  Top: Ambra.  Stockings: Target.  Shoes: Sandler (from Jeannie).  Earrings: Mombasa.

Finally, I own a pair of purple shoes.  This had been eluding me forever, really, and I had started to notice the absence earlier this year.  Thank you Jeannie!  The first student I could teach today, all set up and ready to start playing, turned her head to say, "I like your shoes - and so would my sister!" (we've already established her sister has a thing for shoes).  One of the girls in my ensemble after school, though, asked me why my shoes and stockings didn't match.  "Do they need to match?" I asked her.  Apparently yes, and apparently this combination doesn't.  Personally I disagree but a) it's only for a day and b) I'm not going to take too much advice from 9-yr-olds.  Besides, with their suede sort of finish they're more suited to winter, which has all but disappeared. 

Finally, I'm feeling more like a real person again.  Killer workout this morning (I looked, and felt, 'completely devo' at the end - if I'd been asked to do anything more than collapse there would have been problems) was a great start to the day.  I still can't sing fantastically well higher than a G (the one above middle C) but there is promise.  This didn't mean that I could take a not-scary photo of the earrings while they were on though.  

Finally, spring is here.  Ok, this isn't really a 'finally' moment as I live in Brisbane, and the last time I could wear jeans and t-shirt when it was dark was maybe 4 months ago.  But I do enjoy seeing the green buds emerging on the deciduous trees.

I'm sure that these green bits were not yet present on Tuesday, so this gets to be today's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment