If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Outfit #61 - Black and White and Grey Grey Grey

Outfit details:

Skirt: Sunny Girl (op shop).  Top: Reserve (from Jeannie).  Stockings: Target.  Shoes: Target.  Earrings: ?? from David Jones.  Singlet (maybe visible?): Ice.

I thought about naming this outfit after a certain novel, but decided against it.  I have an admission - I didn't cotton on to the '50' part of that title for ages.  I'd read Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey and, while I loved the book, I was surprised to find some of my friends making such a fuss over what I thought was the same book.  I have since worked out that they are different books.  And this outfit has black, a tiny bit of white (the button on the skirt), and a whole lot of different shades of grey. 

I even had a grade 3 ask me if my stockings were grey and blue, or grey and ... um... grey?  I think they're grey and grey and grey, as (if I had longer legs it would be easier to tell) the bits between the stripes are also grey.  And another grade 3 noted my shoes were 'pretty high' but her cousin can wear shoes this high (looked like this high with a platform as well), because she does ice skating.  Not sure of the logic...

Silver is like grey, right?  Just shiny. 

Today's photo:

I had one of those full-on rushing days, so missed out on taking any outdoor photos.  My dog and cat were placed on top of the tv a few weeks ago now, and one of my students commented today ('cute!').

No comments:

Post a Comment