If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 8 March 2013

Breakfast, Again

It struck me that I seem to blog about breakfast a lot.  So I checked.  There are 41 posts that mention breakfast, and of those, 10 involve a change in the regular breakfast routine.  It might seem like I have a problem... Breakfast is really the most important meal of the day, though, and this really shows in my life.

Today's post is not really a New Thing for Today post.  This is something I changed, didn't think it significant, but haven't changed back.  A little while ago, I returned the stereo to its rightful owner.  This meant I had no radio in the breakfast area.  I like to listen to the radio over breakfast.  There is, however, a radio in my bedroom.  Also, we've just finished (technically) summer, and I've found the ceiling fan in my bedroom more effective at cooling than anything else.  Both these factors have resulted in me having breakfast in bed most days.  Luxury!  Bonus - if necessary, I can plug my phone in to charge and still check Facebook over breakfast.  And check the time regularly (yes, that's slightly more important).

The other change that has evolved is the day I have eggs for breakfast.  For years, Monday was eggs day.  But Monday is also (weather permitting) PT day.  I've realised it's slightly comfier for my insides if I have my regular muesli breakfast before PT.  Both meals have the same fat/carbs/protein quantity, but the muesli feels lighter for a pre-workout meal.  Eggs are now usually Sundays, and on random days, I'll totally change things up and have a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment