If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter 2013

This year, Easter was mostly traditional for me.  There were a few twists though.
Hot Cross Buns.  I realised on Tuesday that I had to make my hot cross buns on Wednesday night - this is the earliest I've ever made them.  They weren't my best (not as fluffy as I like) but not bad.  On the plus side, my flour paste was the best yet.  I dispensed with any idea of this much flour to this much water, and just mixed some flour and water until the consistency was fairly thick.  Success!

Good Friday service.  I made a rookie mistake at the servers' meeting 2 weeks ago and sat opposite the head server and roster man.  So, I was directly in their lines of sight when they needed a server MC for the Good Friday midday eucharist.  I couldn't escape.  It turned out to be simpler than normal (plus) but there was a TV camera trained on me for a good portion of it (negative).  After the service I spent a few minutes alone in the pews, and decided that next year I would do the stations of the cross.
Good Friday evening.  Normally this is fairly quiet, but it was a friend's birthday so a night of dinner and Balderdash and Sequence turned it Not Quiet.  At all.
Saturday.  Seriously sleep-deprived, I still did my washing, gym, grocery shopping, had coffee, bought some household things like light bulbs and pillows at Kmart, some tidying, and did my first hill running session.  It was painful.  Nuff said.
Sunday.  Not able to make it to the dawn service, I woke up early to see the sun rise.  Then - yay!  No more penalised chocolate or alcohol consumption.  I went to church first though before lunch (with wine) and dessert (chilli chocolate and pistachio mousse) then seeing a friend (chocolate).  Once I've finished this post I'm going to eat an Easter egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment