If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 17 November 2012

Lodging an Objection

Today, I started my Objection.  This is the sort of thing I would normally think about doing, particularly if I actually feel strongly about something... and then, you know, the deadline for submissions would pass me by, and I'd think 'oh yeah...'  For this, though, I feel really strongly, and the thought of the proposed development going ahead is just horrifying.  I'm starting this today so it happens by Monday, which is just over a week before submissions close on November 27.

Oh, the horror.  I am a member of St John's cathedral.  It is a significant building in its own right, and there are city council rules regarding what happens around it.  A nearby block of land has put forward a proposed development which contravenes these rules, but the council is saying this will be fine, and they'll change the city plan to accommodate this new building.  Not cool, Brisbane.  At our last cathedral council meeting, we were shown the proposed development.  Gasps all around.  We were asked, if we felt strongly, to lodge an objection.  I feel strongly.  I'm lodging an objection.

The cathedral chapter has prepared a guide to help people submit an objection (the link is here if you wish to see for yourself). 

Today's photo:

Bit of a storm this morning... and another about to come through.  This was taken after the morning storm, when things were clearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment