If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 23 November 2012

Boxing in the Park

This morning, I did some boxing in a park with a friend.  This friend has done proper boxing training, and promised to teach me good technique and train properly.  I'd done some boxing with Trainer Dan, usually as a warm-up (so, not for a full 45 minute PT session).  I thought it would be easier for everyone if I was treated as a complete novice. 

So, New Things:
*Boxing training for a bit over an hour.
*Doing something new in a public park - in case you are unaware, as this is a relatively New Thing, my risk of embarrassment was correspondingly high, and doing this out in the open was potentially intimidating.  Especially when 2 fit-looking blokes rocked up to do some footy training. 
*Shoulder exercises.  They're a secret, so I can't tell you...
*Holding the pads.
*Not getting totally smashed in a training session.  I think that's because it was my first time though, so the next time will be less talk, more action.

Today's photo:

We had a post-workout second breakfast.  I take absolutely no credit for this.  Bacon and eggs will never be the same again... So, this is a (sorry, just wiping off the drool) French omelette with tarragon, mushrooms and truffle oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment