If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Outfit #87 - Melbourne Cup and Minute Taking

Outfit details:
Dress: Jeanswest (op shop).  Top: Suite Boutique.  Ribbon: from a skirt.  Shoes: Show Story (op shop).  Earrings: Mombasa.

Today was Melbourne Cup day.  You have to wear fabulous shoes for Melbourne Cup...I think it's the law...  So I adhere to this even though I have worked through every Melbourne Cup race in my memory.  These are pretty fabulous shoes.

I received so many shoe compliments, right from the word go.  The best, though, was when I picked up a grade 4 girl from music.  Her music teacher said "Love the shoes!" and a circle of 20 or so 9-yr-old girls whipped their heads around and craned their necks to see my shoes and go (in unison) 'ooohhhhhh....'.  Worth it.

The other part of today was a big change for me.  Cathedral council meeting tonight, and after being on it for 2 years, this was my first minute-taking experience.  Ever.  And just to make my poor brain have even more of a fit, the meeting was conducted out of order.  I haven't typed them up yet so I don't know how much of an effect this will actually have on my minute-taking skills.  It was out of order for a really good reason - there is a proposed monstrosity for a site adjacent to the cathedral and we are now in the process of objecting to it.

Today's photo:

These green leaves  brighten my day whenever I see them.  Curiously, I don't seem to notice them so much during the middle of the day, but the light hits them differently at the ends of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment