If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 12 November 2012

Miso Soup

Last night, a friend said I must try miso soup.  I have some miso paste for Japanese-style dishes, but I've never had miso soup.  He handed over 2 packets of the miso, and 2 packets of the ... you know, the other stuff you put in it.  He did tell me what the flavours were, but I neglected to take notes - and it's been a long time since I read any Japanese so I'm not so sure.  (The yellow one is K6 if there are any people in the know reading this).

I thought (due to its salty factor) this would be a good post-run snack.  I think I'm right.  Liquid, quick, and salty.  I still followed it with chicken and kale, but it was a great starter.  And I can't wait to try the other flavour.  Whatever it may be.

Today's photo:

This was almost a New Thing.  Well, it is a New Thing... Today, I ate my first home-grown tomato.  It was so good!  So good, in fact, that you get a bonus photo.  I ate it with fried haloumi; a (delivered) organic tomato; 3 wrinkly but finally red cherry tomatoes (also from the garden); and basil, chives and parsley from the garden.  The large tomato is a Black Russian, so even though it looks a bit green still, it was quite ripe.

It was a good lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment