If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Outfit #102 - I've Had Better

There have been better days in the history of my life.

Dress (as a shirt): Sunny Girl (from Jeannie).  Skirt: Sunny Girl (op shop).  Singlet: Ambra.  Shoes: Target.  Earrings: Mombasa.

For quartet mornings, I set my alarms for 5:15 and 5:20am, aiming to leave the house at 6:20am.  This morning, I woke at 5:12, told my brain that was too early... and then woke again at 6:36.  While dressing super-quickly, the top button came off the dress (I didn't realise which button until later).  I left the house at 6:45, ran for the train, bought yoghurt at Central, and arrived at school at 7:28 for a 7:30 rehearsal.  Make up went on in those 2 minutes.  Miraculously, no-one said anything so either I was enough put-together to get away with it; or I'm normally this ... frazzled...; or the craziness of everyone's day distracted them.  Today was house photo day.  I had several breaks.  Not all of them, though, were due to house photos.  Some kids just plain forgot. 

I know these weren't the most exciting accessories.  Last night, when I was thinking about shoes (for the outfit - not just because I like shoes), I just couldn't contemplate anything fancy.  My whole body was sore from PT and running, and my legs and arms still are.  Considering how much I walked around the school today, this was a good choice.   Yes, I still have a sandal tan.  Yes, there were other things that weren't great about today.  And yes, I'm looking forward to my (legitimate) sleep-in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment