If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 9 February 2013

The Saturday Work Day

This might not seem like a New Thing.  But, despite a Saturday teaching schedule that only quits for about 3 Saturdays a year, I try to be a 'normal' person and treat Saturday like the weekend.  Ha.  I'm a musician.  However, this year I'm aiming to be better with things like parent communication (not on my list of strengths).  So once I'd finished my actual teaching today, I decided to treat today like an actual work day.

Things achieved today include, then, writing out a piece in Colour Strings notation for a girl, photographing and recording it, and sending them through to the mum; recording some scales for a child who I can see will argue with his older brother and his dad about what the scale should actually sound like; 2 loads of washing; working out outfits for next week; grocery shopping; and a nap.  I love naps.  Now I feel much more prepared for next week, and more able to take some Me Time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment