If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 15 September 2012

Sunshine Beach

We often play for weddings in great locations.  Yesterday the daily photo was a superb view of the Glasshouse Mountains.  Today's gig was at Sunshine Beach, north of Noosa.  Substantial travel time, but it was worth it.  Often, when we have a gig near a beach, we say beforehand that we'll go to the beach once we've played.  The only time this has come close was October last year, for a wedding in Byron Bay.  It rained most of the way down, and when we were done (for a wedding in which I didn't actually see the bride), it was about to rain again.  We spent about 5 minutes on the beach.

Today, however, none of us had anything pressing.  The weather was gorgeous.  We finished playing at 3:30.  We went to the beach.  YAY!!!  Admittedly, not for a super long time.  And 2 of us were still in gig blacks.  But I still went in the water up to my knees, gleefully.

I don't think I'd been to Sunshine Beach before, either.  Rather lovely.  It reminded me of Lorne, in Victoria, actually.  I know it often won't be possible, but my goodness it was nice to get to the beach after today's gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment